What is a B1 Visa?
The B1 visa is a non-immigrant visa (temporary visa) that permits someone to enter the united states of America for the sole purpose of business.
Many people want to travel to the United States for so many different reasons. Some want to get a new home for them and their families. Some just go to have fun. But on the other hand, some people just go for Business. The group of people who go business purposes needs to obtain a B1 Visa.
B1 visa allowed activities
Holders of the B1 Visa have the ability to take part in any of the activities listed below:
- They can take part in the negotiation of contracts
- B1 visa holders can settle estates
- Holders of this type of visa can attend business events, professional and/or educational conferences.
- They can carry out research
- They Can Consult with clients and business associates.
One of the major benefits of the B1 visa is that you can establish many business contacts and have the chance to visit the united states as many times as you can depending if you are going back for business.
When your B1 visa expires you can apply for another one without any problem.
The advantage the B1 Visa for USA has is that it does not have a limit as to the number of visas that should be issued each year like other types of US visas.
The was visitor visa was created by the united states government for the sole purpose of business and touristic purposes. It was divided into the B1 and B2 visas. The B2, on the other hand, is also a short stay visit visa but not for business purposes. It is either for tourism and leisure or to visit friends and family.
B1 visa length of stay: How long can you stay in the US with a B1 Visa?
Once granted a B1 visa, it is valid up to a period of 6 months. When your visa expires you can renew for another 6 months.
Should You Apply for a B1 visa to USA?
Applying for a US Business depends on one factor. This factor is if you are a citizen of any of the countries in the Visa Waiver program. If you are a citizen of any of the countries you won’t need to apply for a US business visa. What you can do is apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).
Countries List For US Visa Waiver Program
- San Marino
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
B1 visa requirements: What are the requirements for B1 Visa?
To apply for a Business Visa, you need to come up with the required documents in order to be eligible.
Below are the requirements for a B1 visa:
- Provide the Form DS-160 confirmation page and code.
- A valid travel Passport. you must have a passport whose expiry date is beyond the length of time you will be staying in the USA.
- Details of Social Media Accounts: This is now a requirement. you have to provide a list of social media that you use and the names or handles you use in each.
- The interview confirmation page.
- A photo that corresponds to the US Visa photo requirements.
- A letter which depicts the purpose of your business trip to the united states.
- A bank statement of finances that proves you can be able to finance your stay in the united states.
- A non-conviction letter from the authorities stating that you have never been convicted.
- If you have visited the US before, then you should provide documents pertaining to your previous visits.
- If you are employed, you should carry along a letter of employment and payslips for the past 3 months.
- Also, provide a letter from your company which shows a detailed purpose of your business trip to the US and your position in the company.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for B1 Visa to USA?
The B1 Visa eligibility criteria are not as strict as that of other visa types. But in order to have it, you must fulfill the criteria for a business visa to the USA.
- You should be able to show that your intent of visiting the US is business-related.
- You should be able to finance your stay in the United States during your time there.
- You should show an intent to return to your country before or when your visa expires.
If you can meet these criteria and prove that you are eligible through the documents you provided in the B1 visa requirements section during the application, then there is a high chance you will be granted a B1 visa.
B1 Visa Application: How to Apply For a B1 Visa.
In order to apply for the B1 Visa, you have to follow these steps:
- You have to fill the Form DS-160.
- Pay the B1 Visa Fees.
- Schedule a visa Interview for your B1 Visa.
- Prepare all your B1 visa documents file.
- Attend the interview.
Accurately Fill and Complete the Form DS-160
The Form DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application is a form that is popular in most non-immigrant US Visa applications. This Form will require you to fill your background information and details alongside your purpose of visit to the united states of America.
When filling the form, you have to find the section which pertains only to the B1 Visa and fill it. After submitting your DS-160 form online, you will get a confirmation page and number which you will need during the process of application.
There are two ways in which you can fill the DS-160 Form online. You can either;
Why do we recommend Travel assist?
- The staff of Travel Assist will help you fill the Form DS-160 which you will use to book your B1 Visa Appointment.
- Also, they will guide you by providing you with the complete list of required documents for the B1 Visa application. They will also check your application file to make sure your B1 visa application is successful
- Their staff will offer you online support at any time and any day with regards to your B1 Visa Application.
- If the application of your US visa successful, Travel Assist will get you your B1 visa quickly.
- In case you are denied entry into the United States, they offer travel Protection that covers all your financial expenses.
- They have helped over 65,000 people to enter the united states by helping them in their Visa application process.
Pay The B1 Visa Fees
The Application fee for the B1 Visa is $160. This fee must be paid before continuing the application process. Other than the Visa fees, you may also be required to pay other fees such as the issuance fees. The amount of money you pay as VIsa Issuance fees depends on the relationship that the united states have with your country. Make sure to keep your receipts safe and attach it to your documents as it will be needed before the interview to prove you have paid.
Schedule your visa interview
Visa applicants between the ages of 14 and 79 years old are expected to attend a visitor visa interview. all interviews are to take place at the US Embassy where you are applying for and done by an official. Due to the tight schedules and busy nature of the US embassies, you must ensure to schedule your interview as soon as possible to avoid the lengthy process so that you can complete the process faster. However you could call the embassy to schedule your interview then when you get the interview confirmation letter, you are expected to present it on the day of the interview proper.
Attending the interview
when you are called up for an interview, you would need to come along with your documents and also well prepared to answer questions fon the interviewer. During the interview they will be trying to know what your business is all about, your background, purpose of visit and most especially if you intend to return home after the business is done. You will be expected to answer giving details of what you plan on doing once you get to the united states.
What is the B1 Visa processing time?
There is really no exact time frame for the B1 visa. The processing could take weeks or sometimes even months depending on the workload of the US embassy and other factors to be considered. But once the processing time is completed, you will know if it is been granted or not.
What is the Validity of a B1 visa?
The initial validity of a B1 visa is 6 months. this is because the authorities at the embassy assume that it will be enough to undertake and complete your business ventures and also travel to visit other places in the United States.
Extention of B1 visa
Initially, the B1 visa is to last for 6 months after which you are expected to return to your home country. However, in case you need to stay longer, you will need to apply for Extension. Here you will have to prove that you have not completed the business you came for. you will need to work with your employer on that. the employer will need to give out a letter of confirmation to show that your stay is strictly for business. you will also need to prove your financial stability status because you will not be allowed to work and earn income in the united states
Can you get access to healthcare in the US with a B1 visa?
The healthcare system in the united states is the most expensive in the world hence when you visit for business purposes you will not have access to the healthcare benefits for free. For example, it will cost $2500 to treat a broken arm or leg while staying at a US hospital will cost $10000 on average
it is, however, advisable that you get your health insurance to cover health cases
Where can you get affordable health insurance?
some companies offer affordable health insurance coverage plans in the United States such as VisitorsCoverage.
Why you should buy from VisitorsCoverage?
- You will get all the information on choosing the plan that best works for you at the cheapest rates
- VisitorsCoverage is specialized in healthcare insurance plans for foreigners
- They are highly rated and noted for their hassle-free online services, customer services and attention to details
- They are well established in the healthcare insurance domain with about 10 years of experience.
Can You Get A Green Card with a B1 visa
before getting a b1 visa, you must show proof that you have plans of returning to your home country. this implies that you do no haVe plans of staying in the united states permanently. Due to the fact that this is supposed to b stated during your visa interview, it then becomes hard to get a green card with a b1 visa.
However to acquire a permanent residence with a b1 visa,
- You must find a job in the US which the employer is willing to sponsor your visa such as the H-1B and then for the green card
- You must be legally married to us citizen
- Have family members in the US then you apply to join them
Since the B1 visa is intended only for business visits, it can become complicated if you want to get change your B1 visa status to get a green card especially if you find a job in the united states and you can not work from your home country. The procedure may be complicated as you will have to prove that you never intended to look for a job but it just came your way.
Am I allowed to travel with my Family using a B1 Visa
The B1 visa is a temporal individual visa so sadly it does not make provision for relatives. this implies that your children, spouses and any other relatives can not travel to the united states to be with you if you travelled with a B1 visa. But if they must travel to the US, they need to apply for either a tourist visa(B2 visa) which will permit them to be able to stay for up to 6 months or more if need be and only if extended.
However, it is important to note that your B1 visa does not guarantee that your relatives will be granted a visa too. On the contrary, all applications are handled individually, hence you should be able to prove financially to sustain yourselves in the US and that you have plans of coming home.
Simple and Best Explanation Video Of B1 Visa